Rosary High School is seeking a Maintenance Technician to oversee the day-to-day building operations to ensure a clean, safe and well-maintained facility for our faculty, staff and students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Requirements and Skills
- Survey buildings and repair mechanical systems to ensure they are consistent with health and safety standards
- Perform maintenance of electrical systems (replace light bulbs and sockets, clean and repair circuit breaker panels etc.
- Assist in the setup of ventilation, refrigeration and other systems and conduct repairs when necessary
- Maintain heating and plumbing systems to ensure functionality
Inspect alarm systems (fire, protection) and schedule repairs when needed
- Perform manual repairs when necessary (fix locks, replace windows etc.)
- Coordinate services and oversee the performance of contracted services for cleaning, landscaping, pest control, and snow removal.
- Conduct general upkeep procedures (e.g. landscaping) and other tasks as assigned (painting, carpentry etc.)
- Assist in budget preparation and ensure it is followed
Be a role model in words and actions by following the Dominican Pillars of prayer, study, community and preaching.
- Proven experience as maintenance technician
- Basic understanding of electrical, hydraulic and other systems
- Knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods
- Working knowledge of tools, common appliances and devices
- Manual dexterity and problem-solving skills
- Good physical condition and strength with a willingness to go the extra mile
- Basic office and computer skills to effectively use computerized control systems, monitor maintenance requests and execute online purchasing
- High school diploma or equivalent; Certificate in HVAC, building maintenance technology or relevant field will be a plus
- Valid driver’s license
See the full position description below.
Qualified candidates should send a letter of interest and resume and/or staff application (at right) to Athletic Director John Rutter at firstname.lastname@example.org